Saturday, April 4, 2009

Friday

Friday is my favorite day of the week because I don't work on Friday. Actually, Friday is Compassionate Service Day (sorta). It is a weekly holiday, celebrating freedom, dreaming and compassionately solving (or at least dissecting) all the problems of the world. I'll call it MLK day (Michelle, Linda & Karen).

What MLK is already a holiday? Okay, I will make it MKL day (sorry Linda...we all know Michelle has to win). It is a valid acronym and not at all confusable (just like LDS vs. LSD) and it is a valid holiday.

This week MKL day started with Visiting Teaching, which gives us a lot of justification for the rest of the day's activities. We saw Shirley...who is 85 going on 25 and stubborn enough to live forever... Shirley Story of the Day: about Visiting Teaching a lady who had symmetrical art work: one really large and really Catholic picture of Jesus next to a equally large picture of Malcolm X. I love diversity! You won't see that in Utah.

Next, was lunch at Yucatan Taco Stand. They have these great "cabana" tables, just room for the girls, curved soft bench, drawn back sheers and a pillow. Okay, the pillow is kinda skanking, you have get your own Coke refills, and pay for chips but the food is really good.



After lunch we went to Michelle's to eat to-die-for Coconut Cream Pie (which has no calories because she makes it from scratch and everybody knows scratching is actually a physical activity negating any caloric intake...). Then we watched Adam's performance and the Ford commercials from American Idol. You know I never did like any Johnny Cash song until now! I'm totally into "Ring of Fire" AKA Adam.

Until next week ...